Why a SIP server?
Setting Audio over IP links in the field is rather complicated when not using a SIP server:
- Many technical details about the two devices must be known beforehand: IP address (which, in many occasions, may not be stable), UDP/RTP ports, coding algorithm...
- Ports and redirections have to be set through the routers/firewalls, a tedious process that may involve busy resources and take much time.
- On the move, and with changing conditions on every new link, all this is even more complicated.
Using a SIP server greatly simplifies the setting up of a connection:
- The SIP configuration does not change from one link to another, even in mobile use.
- Little change has to be done on the access router, and even on a possible firewall.
In fact, in the case of a standard consumer "box", usually there is just nothing to change.
- Only one number (SIP URI) must be known in order to set up a call to a new destination.
The AETA server
For maximizing this potential while easing the implementation, AETA has set up a public SIP server, dedicated to Audio via IP broadcasting applications. Our customers can get accounts and register their audio codecs on this server.
Address of the server : sip.aeta-audio.com or sip.aeta-audio.fr
(otherwise, numeric address: 22.214.171.124)
The service is hosted in a data center on a dedicated server (TÜV certified, ISO 27001 standard). The service provides the quality and reliability guarantees expectable for a professional service:
- High availability with 24/7 monitoring.
- Redundant and backed up power.
- Dedicated and reliable equipment.
We also propose a STUN server (more...) under similar reliability conditions.
Our SIP server includes a "RTP proxy" feature that can relay the RTP streams exchanged between two codecs or SIP "agents". This relay feature is activated automatically whenever needed (usually, because of a NAT router located on the Internet access of a codec).
Important notice: when the two units involved in a link are located out of Europe, such relay process is not optimal, as the audio streams will follow a longer trip via the server located in Europe. Although the relay is an efficient solution to critical NAT issues and it is only required for such cases, users should be aware of this potential drawback.
Advantages of the AETA solution
If you compare with possibly setting up your own server, the AETA server provides distinctive benefits:
- Easy installation: you avoid the complexity and cost of implementing a server in your premises.
- Maintenance: you don't have to worry for the server's maintenance.
- Connectivity with other subscribers to our service: in just a few seconds, with no additional configuration, you can set up a link with one of the devices registered on our server. You just need to know its number.
Nevertheless, the codec stays safe from unwanted connections, because only units registered on the server are allowed to initiate links.
Subscription of an account for a duration of one year: 35 € HT
Commissioning fees for a SIP account : 40 € HT
The fixed subscription allows a device registered on the server to set up connections of unlimited duration with any other device (or agent) also registered on the server.
How to subscribe
Please contact our sales department by e-mail contact[at]aeta-audio.com
or by phone +33 141361200.
Simplify my Audio over IP communication
Externalize my server
Connect easily with other broadcasters
Migrate efficiently from ISDN to IP
Some subscribers (France)